Practice more effectively and efficiently.
The health care spending benchmark will help contain spiraling per-capita costs and help you practice medicine more effectively and efficiently.
Changes have been underway in Delaware for more than a year to improve provider practices through Accountable Care Organization (ACO) development and pay-for-value reform.
Support of participating providers is appreciated by those who’ve been involved in spearheading the effort on the state level.
The work you’ve already done will put your practice ahead, particularly in the area of payment reform.
The health care spending benchmark will continue efforts to improve efficiencies — through coordinating care, reducing redundancies, and using resources in better ways.
Strategies for success
- Educating consumers about their role in health care decisions — when to use an ER or urgent care, and how to monitor and view electronic health records.
- Providing a way for patients to compare health care providers and institutions to find those with a better quality-of-care record.
- Embracing practice efficiencies to reduce the burden on the provider to do everything.
- Supporting the health care provider workforce and health care infrastructure needs.
- Supporting patient-centered coordinated care by:
- Creating all-payer ACOs to facilitate integration of services and patient-centered medical homes.
- Creating reimbursement approaches for safety-net services.
- Building better coordination between health systems and providers to stay on top of disease trends and incidence, fulfilling population health mandates.